Billing and Payment
- Regarding medical care provided for patients, we claim medical expenses based on a points system stipulated by the Japanese Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare.
- Regardless of whether a patient has a Japanese health insurance or not, points are calculated as follows:
1 point = ¥10 (except for traffic and industrial accidents).
- Japanese health insurance policy holders;
Patients will be charged 30 % of the total medical expenses.
- If you have a Japanese health insurance card and this is your first visit, please bring a letter of referral from your primary care doctor. If you do not have a letter of referral, you will be asked to pay \ 5,500 (after tax), a special fee called “Sentei Ryoyohi”, the additional fee for a first-time patient without a referral, at your first visit.
- Overseas travel insurance policy holders;
Patients will be responsible to pay the amount predetermined by the travel insurance policy.
- If you live in Japan and forget to bring your Japanese health insurance card, or if you live overseas and do not have a Japanese health insurance card, but come to Japan for treatment and visit our hospital, we will charge you \ 33,000 (after tax) as a coordination fee to cover the preparation and administrative work.
Patients who forgot to bring their national health insurance card or who do not have a health insurance policy
- Patients will be charged total amount of medical expenses.
- If you wish to pay your medical fees under the national health insurance system, please go to No.4 Payment on the 1F in Main Building by the end of the month in which you received medical care, and show the receipt of the first-time payment, your health insurance card, and your seal (Weekdays: 8:30am-5:00pm).
In addition, we will ask for your permission to photocopy your passport and residence card, or driving license for identification. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.